Saturday, October 2

Episode Five (Part 1 of 2)

Let me say this first: There are no right or wrong interpretations to any of these blots!

Here is something someone drew for yesterday's blot:

A mouse in a jetpack...so cute!

I'm glad a lot of you are getting a kick out of 'seeing things,' because it makes me feel less weird about 'seeing things.'  Safety in numbers!

Here is the first part of Episode Five.  There were rules.  I made two blots that looked like penises, and told the people that they could not mention ANY type of sexual organ or slang, etc...just to make it interesting.
Here is the first one for this episode:
As you can imagine, this video will have adult themes (but pleasant artwork!)

You'll never look at Pete's Dragon the same way!

Now for the long winded explanation of these things.  Really, I tried to keep this short: 
A group of us would play an odd game or two on Skype.  I'm not sure how inkblots got in the conversation, but we decided that we should all do some and then make fun of each other, occasionally bringing in the odd stranger or acquaintance for variety.  I made the blots using a combination of online generators before actually using ink later on.

So that is where Episode One and Two happened, we had a few laughs at our pseudo-experiment.

THEN EVERYONE WENT MAD.
Sorry, but that is what some of you were wishing to happen.


When we went to do Episode Three we had our groove down, and we had a 'video insanity scale' which I promptly lost. 

Then, when I wanted to do Four, a lot of the 'regulars' had stuff to do (or just kinda lost interest) so I went on several anonymous forums and solicited people for responses.  While we just ended up sitting around making vague comments about people's entries, we were impressed with (and wanted to highlight) some of the imagination of other people out there, not to mention some of the artwork that began to emerge.  The last image in the video from Episode Four became our unofficial mascot.

So I guess I won't go on about the next several episodes since they are not up here yet, but there is an evolution to the videos that will hopefully make you feel strange.  I guess I was hoping that people would get to know the regulars, and that between our camaraderie and the weird blots, it all might come of as entertaining.

Note: Yes, I have the video editing skills of a 5th grader, but these vids are all just like mementos for me and my friends that I thought I would share.  Enjoy!  Maybe!

29 comments:

  1. It was really difficult to see anything besides a penis in the ink blot. Eventually I started seeing a guy with a sombrero sitting down and his dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wolf`s head with white eyes, a man atop a horse, the mandibles of beetles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work man, i love the mouse in the jetpack too. very creative whoever you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant unsee the dog, but the dude looks like he's crucified to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. the inkblot looks to me like one of those old saloon prostitutes leaning up a railing with a cowboy hat, LOL! very interesting stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I implore you to view the video at 2:12.
    Ruined my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day..in day,I become a fan of your blog ! keep going broth !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mind is a complex thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heck yeah, another good update from you! I'm going to have to come back later tonight or tomorrow to read everything and watch the new video (weekends are extremely busy for me). Just wanted to comment and say thanks for keeping my mind stimulated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, talking about penises for 5 minutes=win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work. This blog is a interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me the blot looks like a giant runner, some guy from an anime, in a crouched position like a runner in the starting blocks. We are facing his back side, as he has one log leg outstretched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're blowing my mind, man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey, this is one of my more favorite posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I tilt my had slightly to the left, the dominant image that appears in my brain is the African continent.

    Also to answer your question on my blog..

    I'm definitely going to keep the three I have already, but expand into social networking, internet marketing, and tools people can use to gain extra income through affiliate marketing, etc.

    I have a few friends who are helping me with this project, thanks for asking =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahahaha, a sword wielding postman. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I actually saw a penis too. Oh dear, is something wrong with me? Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see the mouse now that you point it out

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mouse with jetpack.. It was a bear! :<

    ReplyDelete
  20. rorschach is my hero- this is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  21. First one is definitely a mouse

    ReplyDelete

What do you see?