|One of the many blots you will be seeing should you choose|
to enter this Art Contest.
That's right, another contest! This one is simple: It's an Art Contest. Pick a blot. Get creative and draw on it. Email it to me. Maybe win an awesome prize. That's pretty much it. I have to tell you right now, it's for USA residents only, because of the prize:
|12 MONTH GOLD MEMBERSHIP XBOX LIVE|
Yes, it's from some time ago. (See Contest Tab)
Still valid! $60 value!
This is why it I have restricted this particular contest to the country:
|Click to Enlarge. All this talk of redeeming...|
As you can see, it's a tad convoluted and probably just best if we kept it in the purchase area to avoid any problems. Next contest will be international, I swear!
I feel like I should elaborate some more, but I think "art contest" is a pretty simple concept. We here at this blog enjoy creative and artistic interpretations (as seen in the Sensory Overloads on the sidebar) and you will be juddged, either via a panel (of esteemed...colleagues?) or through this blog by the reader's votes. If I get a lot of submissions (fingers crossed) then I might post them as I receive them in a sort of King Of The Mountain type way. It will probably be a combination of all three.
Remember, it's about art and creativity. Now I need these bits in here:
1) XBox confimed to me that if the card was purchased in the USA, it might not work if redeemed outside the USA. Sorry. Just wanted you to see this again.
2) The submissions become mine. I won't beat around the bush there. If you send me a submission, you are essentially saying, "Here, this is yours, I am giving it to you to do as you please."
If it makes you feel any better, I will most likely just compile them (if I get enough entries) in to a calendar-style book to give away as a prize.
3) I reserve the right to disqualify any entry for whatever reason I see fit. I can't imagine what would make me do that, but I am reserving that right.
4) I am the final say on the winner, just in case anything goes south.
5) You must use my blots. Do not re-size them or flip them around. You are only exempt from this if you draw on paper and scan the entry. (We never get those, sadly.)
6) All entries must be received by December 31st, 2011, 11:59pm EST
EDIT: (DEC 14) You can put in more than one entry. Just remember, it's about art, not bulk...
IMPORTANT!: I also reserve the right to cancel the contest due to lack of participation! I'm not saying I will, but if I only get two entries, and they are both General Failure-style "text & arrow" interpretations, then I ain't givin' out the card! Art! Art I say!
|Remember, you can use any blot from the Collection.|
Feel free to use any of the blots that I have made. If you use one of the zillions of other blots out there, I will certainly show people, but I will not have it in the contest. See the Collection for most of my blots. Also, there will be more blots showing up throughout the month, if you are one of those slackers.
And I do pay out! Ask any of the readers whose addresses I have because I sent them misspelled prizes. Or visit this page.
All questions concerning the contest should be left in the comments.
If you know any artists, please direct them to this page! We need to see some interpretations again here people, and the gift ain't too shabby either. Once again, my apologies to my overseas interpreters...next time. Next time.
Oh, wow. Maybe I should include where you should send your entries: firstname.lastname@example.org.